European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Model
The EFQM Excellence Model is the most popular quality tool in Europe, used by more than 30 000 organisations to improve performance.
- The Model is a practical tool that can be used in a number of different ways:
- As a tool for Self-Assessment
- As a way to Benchmark with other organisations
- As a guide to identify areas for Improvement
- As the basis for a common Vocabulary and a way of thinking
- As a Structure for the organisation’s management system
The EFQM Excellence Model is a non-prescriptive framework based on 9 criteria. Five of these are ‘Enablers’ and four are ‘Results’ – see model below. The ‘Enabler’ criteria cover what an organisation does. The ‘Results’ criteria cover what an organisation achieves. ‘Results’ are caused by ‘Enablers’ and ‘Enablers’ are improved using feedback from ‘Results’. The Model, is based on the premise that:
Excellent results with respect to Performance, Customers, People and Society are achieved through Leadership driving Policy and Strategy that is delivered through People, Partnerships and Resources, and Processes
The EFQM Model is best illustrated by the diagram below. The arrows emphasise the dynamic nature of the Model. They show innovation and learning helping to improve enablers that in turn lead to improved results.
To find out what’s best for your organisation, don’t hesitate to contact JBS today.